Environmental Impact Assessment
Lanpro provide independent advice on all stages of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process. Lanpro has extensive experience in negotiating away the need for EIAs to accompany development proposals through the EIA screening process, limiting the scope of EIAs and preparing and coordinating EIAs in support of planning applications.
Our EIA team has membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) and we are accredited experts in delivering the following services:
- Making a case against the need for EIA through preparing and submitting EIA screening opinion requests to Local Planning Authorities (LPAs)
- Seeking Screening Directions from the Secretary of State
- Reviewing environmental information and providing professional advice on the likely content of an EIA
- Seeking scoping opinions from LPAs through preparing and submitting EIA scoping opinion request reports
- Assembling, briefing and coordinating large consultancy teams in the preparation of EIAs
- Responding to requests for additional environmental information as part of the planning application and EIA determination process
- Preparing Socio-Economic Assessments for inclusion within an EIA
Our planning and EIA teams also have experience in undertaking independent review of EIA’s prepared by other parties, either on behalf of LPAs or private sector clients.
We also have experience in preparing non-statutory environmental appraisals and reports, which sit outside of the EIA Regulations, and which can be used to inform site development feasibility assessments or support planning applications (or applications under other consenting regimes such as the Electricity Industry Act).